To-Do’s in the QC around Thanksgiving
While there are not many public activities on Thanksgiving Day in the Quad Cities, here are some fun events happening before and after Thanksgiving for your family to do.
- Festival of Trees Parade, November 19th: The parade travels through Downtown Davenport with clowns, giant helium balloons, marching bands, dancers, tractors, floats, and even more. Click here under the Holiday Parade header to find out more information on parade day events.
- Holiday Pops, November 19th: This concert is a collective performance of various local artists and dancers that can be enjoyed by the whole family. Click here for more details.
- Festival of Trees, Open November 17th to 27th (closed on Thanksgiving Day): This is a fun holiday event for the whole family that gets everyone in the Christmas spirit. Activities include beautifully decorated trees, a gingerbread village, decorated stockings, doors, and rooms, and music from local schools and groups. Click here to find out more about the FOT, hours, admission, and various attractions.
- YMCA Turkey Trot, Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 24th): This fun running event includes the “1M Family Fun Run,” “5M Certified Run/Walk,” and a post-race party with food and fun. Go here for more details or to sign up!
- Quad City Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair, November 25th to 27th: This is a fun way to get into the Christmas spirit with your family. Click here for more information.
- Elf the Musical, November 29th: A fun family outing could be going to a musical based on the very popular 2003 movie, Elf, at the Adler Theatre. Go here for more information or browse the other upcoming events at the Adler.
- Freight House Farmer’s Market, open Sundays, Tuesdays, and Saturdays: Going to the farmer’s market is a fun family activity any time of the year. Click here for more information about the market and its hours.
- ComedySportz, open weekends and a select few other days: ComedySportz is a fun outing for the whole family featuring improvisation comedy that is different at every show. Click here for more information.
- Go on a day trip: Visit LeClaire or another city in the area for a day of fun, food, shopping, and quality family time. Sometimes just going somewhere with your family can be fun! For more information on what to do in LeClaire, click here.
- Go to a Mallards hockey game: Mallards’ games are fun for the whole family, and are an awesome opportunity to cheer on a local team. Games happen on various days of the week. For a schedule of Mallards’ games, go here.
You can find a more extensive listing of events and activities in the Quad Cities Area here.