Take Some “Me Time”
Something I love to do whether I’m stressed out or not is to have a little bit of “me time”. I enjoy playing soft music on Spotify, turning on my fairy lights, wearing comfy clothes, lighting some candles, and then taking the occasional bubble bath. I find doing this is relaxing, especially as the weather gets colder and you stay cooped inside your house all day. These things are not hard to do and usually won’t take long to relax you. Here are some suggestions I have for the perfect pamper day when you’re feeling particularly stressed out.
- Taking a bubble bath: Bubble baths are one of the best ways to relax. I don’t care how old you are or who you are because bubbles can make anyone feel like a kid. Tip: bath bombs, fizz bars, or other bath time products are a great way to easily have a great smelling bubble bath that is both relaxing and good for your skin.
- Pampering yourself: Take some time to use a face mask or apply your favorite lotion. Making yourself feel good by making yourself look good is always an awesome way to relax.
- Having fairy lights/soft lighting: Keeping the mood soft and calm with fairy lights or just dim lighting can make your mood calmer and will prevent you from having to squint or glare in harsher lighting. Tip: small Christmas lights are very effective when fairy lights are needed.
- Lighting candles: This is a quick and easy way to clear your senses and to clear your head. Whether it’s a non-scented candle or Jamaican Rum Punch by Yankee Candle, which is my personal favorite scent, a candle provides a cozy and relaxing environment for any room in the house, or even during a bubble bath.
- Reading a book: This is an easy way to escape reality for a little while and a nice way to forget about your stressors. Tip: be sure to read a favorite book on a rainy day with your curtains pulled back. Seeing and hearing rain while reading is very calming and will help to relax.
- Listening to music: This can be a fun way to relax and relieve stress by jamming to your favorite playlist or artist. If you need new songs to listen to or just want more variety, my Spotify recommendations can be found here and here.
- Curling up in bed: Cuddling up in your cozy and warm bed, especially on a snowy or rainy day can be so relaxing. It might be so relaxing to the point you want to nap, but hey, it’s your time! You can do what you want with it!
- Watching a favorite movie/TV show: This can be a good way to lift your spirits and to help you forget about what’s stressing you out.
- Going online shopping: This is also a fun way you can pamper yourself. Feel free to splurge on a new shirt a little if you’re feeling particularly down.
- Working out: This one might sound bizarre, especially if the goal is to relax. However, you’ve got to hear me out on this. Taking a jog or doing a simple home workout can help you collect your thoughts or clear your mind.
- Eating good food: On the flip side, feel free to eat some sugary foods and don’t feel guilty. I would suggest chocolate, ice cream, chips, pizza, or foods you might normally force yourself to eat in moderation. Go for it! It’s your pamper day!
If you have something that easily relieves your stress that I didn’t mention, feel free to do what works best for you. These are just some of my absolute favorites that put me in a great mood. Enjoy!