Christmas music started playing for the season early November and even though it wasn’t even December, some people were already in the Christmas spirit. I wouldn’t say I was one of those, but I started to get really excited for Christmas. So, I’ve compiled a list of my favorite things about Christmas and the Christmas season.
- The flavors and scents of the holidays are one of my favorite things. The smells of egg nog, peppermint, gingerbread, hot chocolate, and many others make me happy.
- Candles are something I love to begin with, but the cold weather is a perfect reason to light a few candles throughout the house. They’re very cozy and they also give off a very wintery feel, especially if they have a winter scent, like pine.
- Cozy clothes are a must for snowy days in. Having time off from school is a reason never to get dressy and a perfect justification for wearing pajama pants all day in the house.
- Fireplaces are an essential during the cold weather and are so cozy and comfy. Sitting by the fireplace after being out in the snow is one of my favorite things to do during winter.
- That being said, I love playing in the snow. Yes, I am a senior in high school, but I still love sledding, building snow forts, and playing in the snow with my neighbors. I figure that as long I’m still legally a kid, I might as well act like one.
- Watching Christmas movies, like Elf, with my family is also one of my favorite ways to get into the holiday spirit. Even though I’ve seen most holiday movies so many times, they never get old, and I absolutely love Elf.
- Gift giving/receiving is obviously one of the things most associated with the holiday season, and I am not one to object to having the joy of giving a gift or the happiness of receiving something I really wanted.
- Having time with family and friends is always great, but the holiday season really embraces spending time with friends and family. I love spending time with family, friends, and the family I don’t get to see as often throughout the year on my Christmas break.
- Any break from school is great, but Winter Break is even better.
- I do enjoy snow, but really only on the days leading up to Christmas and maybe the day after, too. Too much snow is just not necessary.
- Once the holiday season is over, it means that the New Year is approaching, which is always fun to prepare and be excited for.
- Christmas dinner is also one of my favorite parts of the holidays because the meal for my family, at least, is very similar to Thanksgiving.
- Christmas music, once I finally accept it depending on the time of year, is undoubtedly one of my favorite things about Christmas. The mix of the classics and some modern songs on the radio never fails to put me into a happy mood.