Fun Family Christmas Activities
The holidays are filled with lots of family traditions, and every family does things a little differently. If you’re looking for new traditions or just something fun to do with your family during the holidays, maybe this brief list can help you.
- Playing in the snow can be fun at any age. Whether it’s making a snowman with your family, shoveling the driveway together, or having a snowball fight, memories are sure to be made.
- Baking cookies and treats is always a popular activity among any age. Helping to make something delicious before eating it is a definite reward, and when it comes to holiday treats like cookies or bars, you can’t go wrong.
- Watching a holiday movie with your family is always fun and is an easy activity to make a tradition. I made a list of my favorite holiday movies if you need ideas.
- Playing board games is one of my family’s Christmas traditions. Usually, we bust out Clue or Monopoly on Christmas Day and spend quality time together while being only a little competitive.
- Going on a vacation is a great way to spend your holidays. If you ever get tired and annoyed by Midwest Christmas, going somewhere else for your holidays might be a good idea. I’m not saying you have to go to Alaska like in the picture attached, but
- Watching the Disney Christmas Parade can be fun for all ages, and it’s something my family’s always done on Christmas morning.
- Decorating the tree/house can be a fun way to get in the Christmas spirit, especially when you play Christmas music in the background and do it with your family. Traditionally, my mom and I decorate the tree the day after Thanksgiving and we play a Christmas radio which is always a really fun time.
- White Elephant gift exchanges are really fun to get rid of things you don’t want or to mess around with people.
- Having a Christmas party can be a fun way to spend time with family, friends, food, and gifts. Christmas party outfits and styles are unique to the holidays, so you’ll have an excuse to wear that cute dress you just got but thought you’d never wear out.
- Visiting Santa or going to the mall with your family can be a good way to get ideas for gifts or can be a funny photo op. I don’t remember going to see Santa, but I do think my mom has some pictures of me having a fit meeting him. I did meet him at the actual North Pole though when I was older (and took this picture), and he was actually pretty cool.